C & W Co. was started in 1959 by Bob Chappell and Ralph Therault from a purchase of machinery, tooling and customers from Craven & Whittaker Co. Inc.
Craven & Whittaker Co started sometime in the early 1930’s by the two namesake partners in a building on Peck street, downtown Providence. sharing the building with B.A. Ballou. Upon growing the business, built this building below on Georgia Ave.